Friday, 03 July 2009 05:00
Welcome to Satbeams V2.0 Beta
What's new in this version?
1. New homepage.
2. Updated Satellites page that allows filtering and sorting of satellites.
3. Updated Footprins page:
- Show hide limits, markers, directions
- Fixed the satellite bearing line
- Magnetic azimuth calculation
- Different colors of maps for different bands
- Instant calculation of EIRP and recommended dish size at selected location
- Big map mode that allows printing of the map in bigger size
- simplified process to save markers
- view marker details
- and many more...
4. New Channels page representing conceptually different and breakthrough approach to present Satellite charts!
- Structured and clear layout of transponders/channels
- Packages channels are integrated into the main list with ability to sort the list by package name
- Filtering of charts basing on one or multiple criteria (Languages, Encryption, Band, Beam, Polarisation etc.)
- Ability to hide channels data to view only transponders
- One-click process to indicate which channels you receive at your location that links data to your marker automatically
- Registered users can now edit the channels data themselves (add/delete and modify channels and transponders). Moderators will be able to approve the news as well as the news become automatically confirmed after 3 site members confirmation.
- Subscription to RSS news feeds for the all the changes at given position or for selected filtered data on that position
- Ability to embed news feeds to your own website
- Selecting default position
- and many more...
5. Advanced Search functionality
- search channels, beams, satellites, locations and other site pages in one go. There is no need anymore to browse multiple pages to find which satellites broadcast your favorite channel - just type in the channel name in search box and see all the satellites and beams where it broadcasts from/to.
- grouped search results with intuitive formatting - see immediately if the channel/beam is broadcasting to your region
6. Help pages describing how to navigate Satbeams screens
Please note that it is a Beta version and that there are still bugs to be found and fixed.
Please report us all the problems that you discover using the new version.
Should you find any inconsistencies with transponders/channels data - I would really appreciate if you could login and edit the data directly.
Your help to keep the database up-to-date is very much appreciated!